- Adjuster Licensing Information
COLORADO ADJUSTER LICENSING INFORMATION
Public adjusters are licensed in Colorado.
License type: Individual
• Be trustworthy,
• File a completed application on a form prescribed by the Commissioner,
• File all service contracts that will be used by the public insurance adjuster.
An applicant must personally pass a written examination.
The examination shall not apply to the following:
• an applicant who, during the three-year period preceding date of application, has engaged in the investigation or adjustment of losses arising under insurance contracts;
• an applicant for reinstatement of a license that has been inactive for one year or less;
• individuals licensed as public insurance adjusters on December 31, 1994. Such individuals will be “grandfathered” in for a new license under this regulation; however, the public insurance adjuster must file with the Commissioner an application for the license, meet the requirements in Section III of this regulation, and pay the appropriate fee; or
• a nonresident applicant who furnishes a current letter of certification from the home state stating that the applicant is currently licensed as a public insurance adjuster and that there are no complaints pending.
Requires Adjuster Bond.
Type of Adjuster: Public Adjusters
Bond Expiration information: Data Not Available
To access forms Click Here
No continuing education verified before application.
|License Fee-Resident Public Adjuster||$57.00|
|License Fee-Non Resident Public Adjuster||$89.00|
|Renewal Fee-Resident Public Adjuster||$29.00|
|Renewal Fee-Non Resident Public Adjuster||$29.00|
3131 South Vaughn Way
Aurora, CO 80014
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=DORA-DI/DORALayout&cid=1251623445671&pagename=CBONWrapper If you need additional information on adjuster licensing, please contact Pearson VUE at 800-275-8247.
^ Back to Top