- Adjuster Licensing Information
COLORADO ADJUSTER LICENSING INFORMATION
Public adjusters are licensed in Colorado.
License type: Individual
• Be trustworthy,
• File a completed application on a form prescribed by the Commissioner,
• File all service contracts that will be used by the public insurance adjuster.
An applicant must personally pass a written examination.
The examination shall not apply to the following:
• an applicant who, during the three-year period preceding date of application, has engaged in the investigation or adjustment of losses arising under insurance contracts;
• an applicant for reinstatement of a license that has been inactive for one year or less;
• individuals licensed as public insurance adjusters on December 31, 1994. Such individuals will be “grandfathered” in for a new license under this regulation; however, the public insurance adjuster must file with the Commissioner an application for the license, meet the requirements in Section III of this regulation, and pay the appropriate fee; or
• a nonresident applicant who furnishes a current letter of certification from the home state stating that the applicant is currently licensed as a public insurance adjuster and that there are no complaints pending.
Requires Adjuster Bond.
Type of Adjuster: Public Adjusters
Bond Expiration information: Data Not Available
To access forms Click Here
CLM users can apply through CLM Tracker.
CLM Tracker subscribed users can renew the licenses via CLM.
No continuing education verified before application.
|License Fee-Resident Public Adjuster||$57.00|
|License Fee-Non Resident Public Adjuster||$89.00|
|Renewal Fee-Resident Public Adjuster||$29.00|
|Renewal Fee-Non Resident Public Adjuster||$29.00|
3131 South Vaughn Way
Aurora, CO 80014
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=DORA-DI/DORALayout&cid=1251623445671&pagename=CBONWrapper If you need additional information on adjuster licensing, please contact Pearson VUE at 800-275-8247.
^ Back to Top