Main Page Not logged inLogin

For Questions, Changes or Clarifications regarding the Adjuster Licensing information, please send an email to

Last Reviewed / Modified On 29 Nov 2017.


License Types

Independent Adjuster

Independent Adjusters are required to have a license in Oklahoma.
Lines of Authority
•       Property
•       Casualty
•       Crop & Hail
•       Crime & Fidelity Bonds
•       Property (Only) Motor Vehicle Included
•       Workers’ Compensation
•       Multi-Peril Crop

Public Adjuster

A license is required for Public Adjusters in Oklahoma.


A licensed attorney in the State of Oklahoma who adjusts insurance losses from time to time, incidental to the practice of law, and who does not advertise or represent that he is an adjuster.

Licensing Requirements


  • Applicant must provide a mailing and/or business address in the jurisdiction. Excluding bail bondsman.
  • P.O. Box addresses will not be accepted for resident or business addresses.
  • Applicant must not currently hold an active resident license in another jurisdiction.
  • Applicant is exempt from license exam if applying within ninety (90) days of cancellation of their former resident state's license.
  • Exams are valid for two (2) years from the date the exam was taken.
  • Applicants for the variable line of authority (LOA) must supply FINRA CRD number on application.
    Non Resident

    Oklahoma would like application for adjusters to only contain one adjuster exam grouping per application. The groupings for adjuster licenses are as follows:

Group 1: Property/Casualty/Motor Vehicle Group 2: Workers' Compensation Group 3: Crime Fidelity Bonds Group 4: Crop/Hail

Reciprocity and Non Residents

Oklahoma's regulations concerning reciprocity are not easily summed up. To find out if you are eligible to obtain your license reciprocally in Oklahoma, find your state on the Oklahoma Non-Resident Adjuster Licensing Checklist.

Oklahoma does not license residents of Nevada.

Residents of the following states must take the Oklahoma exam: Arizona, California, Hawaii, and New York

Reciprocity with Texas license

Reciprocal with Texas License? Yes.

You must hold a resident license from your state of residence, provided your state has adjuster licensing requirements. Residents of states without licensing requirements who hold a Texas non-resident license enjoy reciprocity with Oklahoma.

Pre Licensing Education

There is an exam required for licensure, but non-residents who hold an independent adjuster license by examination in their home state may bypass this requirement

Licensing Exam

Residents will need to take Oklahoma Pre-Licensing Exam. Non Residents who have passed an examination in the resident “Home State” or declared “Home State” are exempted from Oklahoma Exam.

Schedule exam at

Bond Requirement

Requires Adjuster Bond.
Type of Adjuster: Public Adjusters
Amount: $10,000
Bond Expiration information: Filing date anniversary every 2 years

How to Apply

Applications are to be made online via NIPR and CLM Tracker.
Click Here for more details regarding Resident Adjuster Applicaton.
Click Here for more details regarding Non-Resident Adjuster Application

Maintaining Your License


All Oklahoma licenses are renewable biennially and can be renewed online via NIPR and CLM Tracker.

Continuing Education

Residents Resident Adjusters are required to have 24 hours of continuing education including three hours of ethics and two hours of legislative updates. CLM Tracker subscribed users can track CE credits via CLM.
The Oklahoma CE Transcript can be viewed at

For company and staff adjusters,

Resident: 24hr/2yrs: (3hr Ethics), (2hr Legislative Update), (1hr Earthquake beginning Jan 2015)
Adjusters who adjust WC claims in OK require 6hrs related to Work Comp Act as part of their 24hrs
Non Residents There is no continuing education requirement for Non Residents. However they are required to comply with the continuing education requirements of their home state.


License FeeFor a license in any single class of business, every two (2) years, Thirty Dollars ($30.00); For a license in any combination of two or more classes of business, every two years, Fifty Dollars ($50.00); Public adjuster, every two years, Thirty Dollars ($30.00); Apprentice Trainee ($20) for one year, Catastrophic( $15) for 90 days
Renewal FeeFor a license in any single class of business, every two (2) years, Thirty Dollars ($30.00); For a license in any combination of two or more classes of business, every two years, Fifty Dollars ($50.00); Public adjuster, every two years, Thirty Dollars ($30.00);
Late Fee
Reinstatement feesA double renewal fee will be charged to reinstate an expired license (available for 1 year after the expiration date)
Exam Fees$20 per examination


Oklahoma Insurance Deparment
Five Corporate Plaza
3625 NW 56th, STE 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73112

Licensing: 405.521.3916
Fax: 405.522.3642

Other Information


^ Back to Top